Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Guest Speaker - Erik Hanberg

The author Erik Hanberg came into class to talk to us about being out on the internet and how to be safe but successful. Erik's know mostly for his book, The Lead Cloak: The Lattice Trilogy, Book 1. Erik published his own books and sold them exclusively on Amazon; which for an independent writer is extremely hard, but Erik (if I can remember correctly) was on Amazons top sellers for a brief time. Which again, is incredible for an independent writer!

Erik talked to us in class bout how easy it is to "swat" someone online. He explained it to be as easy as calling the police on your neighbor. These kinds of things keep me weary and away from the internet a bit because I'm not wanting to have my identity stolen, or my card information stolen, etc., but I also know that you can besafe on the internet by just simply watching what information you put out their on certain sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment